Health & Social Care - First Diploma Level 2
- BTEC Level 2 Diploma (1 year)
GCSE grades 2 (grade E) or above, to include grade 3 (grade D) in English and Maths. Applications from mature students are also welcomed.
This one year course is for students who have made a choice to focus their learning and career development in health, social care and early years. It includes, where appropriate, the opportunity to develop knowledge and understanding of specific areas of interest in the sector, directly related to popular areas for employment or further study.
Students will develop skills and knowledge by completing projects, assignments and exams that are based on realistic workplace situations and activities. The course will introduce you to your chosen career and provides a good basis to progress onto a more advanced level 3 qualification. Students will have opportunities to study maths and English alongside this qualification.
The course is designed to develop the skills and knowledge needed to work with children, young people and adults. It will give you practical experience as well as covering many different aspects of childcare. A wide range of related subjects are studied, for instance you will learn about:
- Human Lifespan Development
- Health and Social Care
- Carrying out a Research Project in Health and Social Care
- Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care
- Individual Rights in Health and Social Care
- Healthy Living
- Promoting Health and Well-being
- Creative and Therapeutic Activities in Health and Social Care
- Child Development and Observation
- Understanding Disability
- An Introduction to Basic First Aid.
Where will my course lead?
This course is an ideal route for students who want to progress onto Level 3 courses such as the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care or the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Children's Play, Learning and Development (Early Years Educator).