Beginners French (Afternoons)
About the Course
This is a fun and practical 10 week introductory French course. It is designed for adult beginners who want to be able to say and understand basic phrases used in everyday situations, including:
> Meeting and greeting people
> Buying food and drink in a café or restaurant
> Shopping on holiday
> Understanding tourist information
> Travelling by car, bus, train or plane
The course is designed for adult beginners and is an excellent introduction to speaking, listening, reading and writing in French.
By the end of the course you can expect to be able to do the following:
- Use greetings and introduce yourself in French
- Buy food, drink and other items using basic phrases in French
- Read and understand basic tourist information and signs in French
- * Understand and use numbers in prices and times in French
You will need...
- A ruled notebook or lined paper and a pen or pencil for making notes.
- An A4 ring binder for keeping handouts.
- Any French-English dictionary would be useful.
Your tutor will supply...
- Handouts of essential words and phrases.
- All other learning materials.
About your Tutor
Diane is a qualified teacher of French and has taught all levels from absolute beginners to GCSE and A Level. She studied French at university, lived in Normandy and has taught French and English for over 25 years, including 12 years teaching adults.
If this course has given you a taste for learning French and you would like to develop your skills further, you can join our next class in September 2019.
Course Title: Holiday French
Location: Ludlow College - Phoenix Building
Full Fee: £84
Start Date: 1st May 2019
End Date: 10th July 2019
Time: 1:45 pm - 3.15 pm