Ludlow College is committed to inclusive education: we will work hard at getting to know you as an individual and providing all the support and encouragement you need to excel during your time with us. We try to ensure that every student is given the opportunity to make the most of their individual skills and abilities by providing support and advice from teachers and tutors.
You will be supported by your personal tutor, who will be someone who also teaches you. They will be there to offer advice and guidance with regards to your progress and welfare and you will meet with them every week. Through personal planning, together we will set target grades based on your prior achievements and monitor these regularly via one-to-one reviews. Your subject teachers will also help and support you throughout your course.
Extra and specialist support is available if needed. We can advise on areas of student life such as travel, finance during your studies, careers, university applications, getting ready for work and counselling for personal issues. Ask at Student Services for more information.
Located in the Harley Centre, the Student Services area is a one-stop shop providing supportive advice and guidance that will help students to succeed on their course. This includes:
- Admissions - Student Services works closely with the Reception team as a point of contact for enquiries about applications.
- Course information, advice and guidance – Student Services can provide course information and will put you in touch with specialist staff if detailed advice is needed.
- Careers Guidance, including applications to university and employment - Student Services work very closely with Careers Advisors to ensure students have every opportunity to receive one-to-one careers advice and guidance. Throughout the year various careers activities are organised to support the tutorial programme. All UCAS applications are administered through Student Services.
- Personal Support - If you want someone to talk to other than your family or tutors, Student Services can direct you to appropriate support, including the college's the Student Support Adviser team.
- Travel Advice - Student Services can offer advice on buses and travel to the College.
- Finance – Student Services can offer information on financial support available while you are at college - for example helping with the costs of essential materials and trips.
- Learning Resources Centre (LRC) - This fully-equipped floor of the Harley Centre combines traditional library services with essential IT and self-study learning facilities.
The College provides learning support to ensure all students reach their potential. All learning support is offered by a specialist teacher. Support may be in the form of:
- Extra tuition in literacy and numeracy
- In class support
- Study skills
The College holds consultation events during the year to meet with groups of parents, carers and employers. In addition, these groups will be regularly informed with regards to progress and contacted if there are particular issues of concern.
If you need help with childcare whilst studying at Ludlow College, please contact Student Services. The College may be able to contribute to some of the costs, depending on the nature and hours of your college programme. Mothers aged 16 to 19 are encouraged to ask about the national Care2Learn scheme.
The College is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities are treated fairly. All reasonable adjustments to college provision will be made to ensure that students with disabilities are not substantially disadvantaged. Please ensure that you inform us of your requirements in advance so that we can make all necessary adjustments to help you succeed.