Careers information, advice and guidance
The College is committed to providing a service of information, advice and guidance to current and prospective students concerning their choice of course or career path, application to higher education, and search to gain employment. In this way young people are encouraged to take responsibility for managing their own records and developing the skills needed to be proactive career managers.
To read the College’s Careers Strategy, please click here.
To read the College's Careers Programme, please click here.
Our Work with Schools and Careers Advisors
Ludlow College works closely with fellow professionals in schools and in careers services to ensure their pupils arrive at an informed decision. The College is able to :
- Visit school assemblies or attend your careers events.
- Provide subject-specific talks.
- Arrange one-to-one contact with staff and current students.
- Provide information on course and progression routes
- Work with you to help the transition of any young people whom you believe may require extra support
- Offer Open Events at the College
To discuss how we can help your students, please contact Neil Church, Deputy Head of Ludlow College:
Tel: 01584 872846
Impartial information, advice and guidance is available to College students, including:
- Careers research and information
- Preparing and updating CVs
- Completing job applications
- Interviewing techniques
- Course selection
- UCAS applications and personal statements
- Development of career management skills
- Careers guidance
If you require help with any of the above, please contact Sally Cassels:
Telephone: 01584 872846
Times: 9.00am - 4.00pm
One-to-one careers guidance
An impartial and confidential, one-to-one interview can be arranged by appointment with the Student Progression Adviser based at the Folly Lane, at the Hereford campus. This interview can take place face to face or over the telephone as appropriate, and will help you to determine your specific needs, identify goals and explore options.
To schedule an interview, please contact the Student Progression Adviser:
Telephone: 01432 365382
The Deputy Principal is the College’s Careers Leader who welcomes feedback and is contactable as follows:
Herefordshire, Ludlow and North Shropshire
Tel: 01432 365306
As part of the cross-college tutorial programme, students have the opportunity to engage in both careers and higher education based tutorials. Students are guided and supported in their progression planning through termly discussions with their tutors, access to face to face and online impartial careers guidance, and sector related learning as part of their course. Careers information, advice and opportunities are available on the Careers Advice webpages and include key websites such as the National Careers service, national Apprenticeships and higher education application site, UCAS.
In addition, the college subscribes to:
- National Careers Service website: https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/
- Eclips-online: https://www.eclips-online.co.uk/ a comprehensive database of careers information and advice including job and career sectors, education options and employment routes: login: HLNSC eclips (case and space sensitive)
- Pathways: each college course links to the Pathways labour market information database that provides students with the progression information to help them plan their future study and career options. (available from September 2021)
The College also updates and maintains a selection of resources on careers information, subject areas and careers opportunities in the Learning Resource Centre.
The College provides opportunities for students to have access to employers in Herefordshire, Shropshire and the surrounding areas by having tutors invite employers and relevant speakers into curriculum based lessons, and by students attending events such as “Meet Your Future”, an event coordinated by Herefordshire & Ludlow College, Hereford Sixth Form College, and Hereford College of Arts. “Meet Your Future” is an opportunity for students to meet a variety of local and national industry professionals representing businesses, organisations and training providers.
For sources of careers and job-related information and advice, please see the other dropdown options.